Salary range $40,000 - $50,000
JOB DESCRIPTION: Perform administrative duties including accounting, clerical support, and electronic content management (ECM) as assigned by the executive director and assistant director.
- answer telephone calls and provide reception for visitors;
- log calls and distribute messages to board members and director & asst. director;
- handle and distribute daily mail;
- utilize word processing to maintain form-letters for numerous purposes;
- maintain filing systems for active, inactive & retired members and coding into PTG;
- sort & stuff envelopes and prepare large bulk mailings;
- perform general clerical duties;
- maintain postage account balances and coordinate replenishment w/director;
- maintain office supply inventory and order supplies for office as needed;
- utilize spreadsheets to track various items;
- assist members to complete forms - enrollment, beneficiary, refund, retirement, disability etc.;
- provide counseling to members as needed including assistance with member portal;
- help the assistant executive director with retiree & staff payroll as needed;
- assist with accounts payable including file system for vouchers & invoices, warrants & payrolls;
- maintain files for weekly & monthly deduction reports for City, TMLP, Housing Authority & GATRA and related posting to PTG system;
- calculate makeup payments, buybacks & re-deposits including pro-rated creditable service;
- assist with calculating & processing refunds and transfers;
- assist with maintaining files for pension reimbursements under G.L. c. 32, section 3(8)c;
- assist with preparation of board meetings;
- calculate estimates for regular retirement, disability & survivorships including final processing;
- assist with actuarial data cleanup for active & inactive members ;
- assist with audits;
- assist with board elections;
- process bi-annual affidavits to all retirees and survivors of the system and monitor receipt. perform 5% annual audit of affidavits to ensure accuracy and verify all power-of-attorney’s on file;
- scan all member forms, documents, and medical records into the PTG computer system;
- assist with making travel arrangements and maintain files for audits;
- assist the director with requests-for-proposals and maintenance of related files;
- process all code sheets received from the human resource department and update files to include current job title & group classification, department, leave-of-absences, name changes, etc.;
- monitor deaths of members and retirees;
- monitor daily police log for possible criminal charges and make notation in files;
- document worker’s compensation injury reports and note creditable service adjustments;
- provide information to PERAC on disability retirees under section 91A regarding earnings-if-still-employed and other medical record documentation;
- maintain tracking system for all disability applications including but not limited to requesting medical records from service providers, doctors, hospitals, employer information;
- Attend various conferences, workshops, and seminars affiliated with retirement field with continuous education and related travel as part of job duties;
General skills and requirements:
- Experience with Pension Technology Group (PTG) pension software
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications – MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills including strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong supervisory skills
- Working knowledge of Mass. General Law Chapter 32 & PERAC Regulations 840 CMR.
- Ability to lift up to twenty-five (25) lbs.
- Ability to use office equipment such as: copier & scanner, desktop computer, mail postage machine, mail inserter machine, calculator, facsimile, telephone system, etc.
- Strong consideration will be given to candidates with a college degree in accounting/business and/or equivalent experience.
Work Schedule: 35-hours per week. 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday, Wednesday, & Thursday; 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Tuesday; and 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon Friday.
Starting Salary: Negotiable depending on qualifications and experience. Fringe benefits include pension, health, dental, life insurance, and paid vacation-sick-personal leave.
Application Process: Please provide a resume and letter of interest by October 9, 2020 to:
Taunton Retirement Board
104 Dean St., Suite 203
Taunton, MA. 02780
The Taunton Retirement Board is an equal opportunity employer